Web Engineer - React
Location: REMOTE / Toronto, Ontario
This job allows you to work remotely.
Our client is a well known mobile/web company that is synonymous with the best part of your work day, lunch time! They have a huge subscriber base and have added an awesome new line to their business to help customers and businesses continue their way of life even during the pandemic. They have had steady growth in North America and have also expanded to Europe and Asia!
The heart of their practice comes from the Engineering. The team has made it possible to launch their product in new markets all over the world. They solve complex problems, build scalable and reliable services, and in between have some epic gaming tournaments. The team also works on cool side projects using modern tech that turn into major features. They started as a jave shop (hosted on the google cloud) and are transitioning to a monolith codebase on AppEngine to microservices using Docker and Kubernetes (communicating over gRPC). MySQL provides the data layer along with BigQuery and Memcache. They also buuild out their mobile apps in native iOS and Android as well as a React based web interface.
If you like to code and solving interesting problems in the process, this is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team and build some really cool products that have impact on millions of users. When the world gets back to normal, you also have the option to join others who choose to do so at the office which is an open space with standing desks, modern equipment, and all the cool bells and whistles!
The mobile products have done great. The team has now shifted focus to their Web products and want to push them to the next level. They are moving to React and Node and creating a development environment that allows them to build products at very fast speeds.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Strong coding - doesn't matter which language you use or how you learned it, they need people that can write clean and effective code
- Collaboration mindset - the culture is very collaborative and you must enjoy collaborating with others
- Have a desire to constantly grow and develop (its ok to make mistakes, thats how you grow)
- Passion for product craftsmanship and taking great care in design not only on the end product but also in your code and technical architecture
- Be at home in a high paced environment and ready to respond to urgent requests
- Strong desire to work on impactful products that have a global audience
- Opportunity to work on a consumer product used globally
- Subsidized/free lunches
- Healthcare benefits from day one and a flexible vacation policy
- Access to professional development conferences, courses, ongoing learning/growth
- Modern, high end equipment to tackle coding the way you prefer
Must Have Skills:
- Extensive experience with React and Node - 4+ years in a production environment
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in API design and consumer web application architecture
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and desire to take on new products/features
- Must have an interest in working in a rapidly changing and ever-evolving system
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent (having started or completed a PhD is a big plus)
Nice to Have Skills:
- Coding skills in Java
- AppEngine, GKE or both
Your application has been successfully submitted.