Software Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager, you will build, lead and inspire a cross-functional team to deliver product features and services while developing a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of KOHO. You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, while ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software. You will provide technical guidance and mentor developers to help them reach their potential and ship a world-class product.
Please Note: This is a remote position based in Canada that is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Managing the growth and development of a high-performing technical team
- Lead and inspire engineers, product managers, and designers to build great products while managing deadlines and priorities
- Provide technical guidance including system, design, and code review
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Own the craftsmanship, reliability, and scalability of your solutions
- Participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, onboarding, and mentoring new engineers
Who You Are
- You are collaborative and understand the importance of working as part of a team
- You have experience with web or mobile applications
- You are an owner and are invested in the success of the product and the team
- You know how to reach consensus with your peers
- You are focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- You are practical, making the best use of time and resources to find the simplest solution that works
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing an engineering team
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, sufficient for a remote-first environment
- Ability to concisely communicate about complex technical issues
- Experience with cross-functional engineering teams is preferred
- Familiarity with Software Development Best Practices
- Experience in a startup environment
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
- Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
- Level Up - Access to an in-house certified performance coach
- Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
- The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.