Senior Software Developer, Backend
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working as part of a cross-functional team, driving our core features from start to finish. This will include gathering requirements, creating technical specifications and designs, and actual implementation of these features. Our teams have a large degree of autonomy and ownership and we are looking for someone who can work with minimal supervision or direction.
- Practice the KOHO values
- Develop features and improvements to the KOHO product in a secure and performant way
- Influence overall objectives and long-range goals of your team
- Champion, define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a distributed, event-driven system
- Provide mentorship for less experienced developers on your team
- Monitor and maintain services in production that are within the team’s domain of ownership
- Develop a network outside of your team
Who You Are:
- You solve problems and not their symptoms
- You share your knowledge with those who do not have your experience
- You see a problem or inefficiency and do something about it
- You understand the importance of working as part of a team
- You know how to reach consensus with your peers
- You share our values and work in accordance with those
- You are self-motivated and want to always be better than your yesterday’s self
Skills and Experience We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Familiarity with Golang and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Docker and AWS
- Working experience in distributed, event-driven systems
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, sufficient for a remote-first environment
- Ability to concisely communicate about complex technical issues
- Experience with cross-functional engineering teams is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile - SCRUM and Kanban
- Familiarity with all stages of SDLC
Nice-to-Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with 3rd party integrations
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
- Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
- Level Up - Access to an in-house certified performance coach
- Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
- The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Load money, earn cash back, build savings, and repeat