Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms.
What about who you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who are great at their craft. Give them fun problems to solve. Trust them be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked alongside. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
Who You Are:
- An enthusiastic and hungry developer, capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces.
- You care about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- You have implemented whole features while working with an architect or senior developer.
- You have estimated work before, and can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
What You’ll Do:
- Write high quality, functioning, performant and enduring code.
- Work on agile-scrum project teams to deliver software features and enhancements.
- Work alongside developers, testers, designers and product managers develop, debug, and test software for completeness, accuracy and integrity.
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and define elegant solutions to software and business problems.
- Collaborate within and between teams to identify, define and document non-functional requirements.
- Build your skill-set in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
We’d Love To Hear From You If:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 8+ years experience in software engineering.
- 5+ years experience in building .NET applications.
- You’re an expert in .NET on Linux and MacOS
- Comfortable on Linux/Unix command line
- MacOS proficiency required
- Experience with web tooling and automation (e.g. Git, Gulp, NPM, Bower, etc.).
- DevOps/sysOps, advanced understanding of object oriented and MVC principles., strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices preferred.
- Previous agency experience and experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies preferred.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Stability. We’ve been in business for over 20 years.
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. You’ll get 12 days of paid time off after your first three months; we also observe your country of residence holiday schedule.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
Your application has been successfully submitted.