Principal Industrial Control Vulnerability Analyst
Want to expose and help mitigate vulnerabilities targeting power plants, water, manufacturing systems, and other industrial control systems? Dragos works to discover these threats, develop innovative analytics for detection, support investigations and incident response, and provide customers with world-class vulnerability analysis. Unlike many other teams with a broader mission, we focus solely on operational threats to industrial control networks; this gives our analysts the time and space necessary to do world-class research and intelligence on the most critical components of infrastructure.
Dragos secures civilization by providing cyber security to industrial control environments worldwide. A Dragos principal vulnerability analyst evaluates control systems, operational networks, and ICS applications to measure the impact of exploits and attacks. We inform customers to enable decision making and develop analytics to detect their use in operational environments.
At Dragos, we are not traditional intelligence analysts; we are hunters of evil which threatens the functions of civil society. We are dedicated to the idea that intelligence not properly communicated is not intelligence at all. We strive to identify true and accurate impact of threats within the environment, allowing customers to properly assess the risk. If you are excited about this, please let us know!
- Monitor vulnerability sources assessing their impact and measuring severity to customer operations
- Analyze vulnerabilities and exploit code
- Analyze systems, networks, applications for vulnerabilities
- Translate analysis into both behavioral analytics and contextual reporting
- Conduct trend analysis to identify patterns and particular areas of concern
- Work with a variety of partners to properly manage vulnerabilities
- Support incident response and threat operations with on-demand analysis
- Integrate vulnerability into threat intelligence providing a cohesive narrative for customers
- 5+ years analyzing vulnerabilities and exploit code
- Demonstrable ability to quickly validate and assess a vulnerability based on description alone
- 5+ years developing, deploying, or evaluating proof-of-concept code related to vulnerabilities
- 3+ years writing customer-facing material translating technical details and informing decision makers and operators
- 3+ years monitoring vulnerability reporting sources and triaging reports by likely impact to operations
- Demonstrable ability to appreciate a vulnerability’s impact to both IT and ICS operations with a measured understanding of real-world effect
- An in-depth understanding of vulnerability scoring mechanisms along with their benefits and challenges
Nice to Have
- Experience with industrial control systems and their vulnerabilities
- Experience reverse engineering malware with static and dynamic tools and techniques and familiarity with malware code constructs
- Experience developing YARA, snort, and Bro signatures
- Experience working with an operations center and incident response team
- Experience with Python
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.
We are practitioners who have lived through and solved real security challenges. Our team members have responded to incidents including the Ukraine 2015 power grid attack, analyzed the CRASHOVERRIDE malware responsible for the Ukraine 2016 electric grid attack, analyzed the TRISIS malware responsible for the petrochemical facility attack in 2017, built and led the National Security Agency mission to identify nation-states breaking into ICS, and performed assessments on hundreds of assets around the world.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K and life insurance.
Dragos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.