This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Web Architect, you are expected to provide architecture and application design oversight to complex web applications and guide project teams in the right technical direction when necessary. You will work closely with the Business Development team to support new opportunities and address client stakeholder questions with a high-level of empathy. Our Architects foster relationships within the organization through technical mentoring and training to other developers. A passion to stay on top of technology trends and evangelize them within the organization is a must.
- Assist business development team with new project estimates and drive conversations with client stakeholders
- Translate client’s business goals into achievable technical strategies and high-level requirements, keeping user experience as a top priority
- As needed, lead a project from start to finish by working with developers, project managers, quality assurance, and creative designers to design, develop and test complex web applications.
- Focus on web technologies like Angular, React, PWA, server-side rendering, APIs and GraphQL
- Work with technical leads in scrum teams to provide technical guidance, communicate technical decisions, and mentor developers
- Partner with Engineering Leadership and Application Development Leads to ensure a consistent technology strategy across teams and products
- Track the latest developments and direction of web technologies, and provide a point of view for the company
- Work with marketing to provide thought leadership through blog posts, community involvement and speaking engagements
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, create proof of concept projects as needed
- Analyze and improve stability, scalability and performance of systems
- Evaluate 3rd party libraries, systems and integrations for potential fit for client solutions
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents, proprietary system design and trade secrets
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular architecture, application design and code reviews for web projects
- Provide informal mentoring and formal training to developers
- Act as project lead, as needed
- Prepare and maintain online documentation of designs and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in a software architecture role
- 8+ years’ experience interfacing with Rest API’s, JSON, XML
- In depth knowledge of the following development languages and technologies: React, Angular, Vue, ES6, TypeScript
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP):
- Architecting for cloud infrastructure
- Builds and deployment
- Experience with multiple authentication technologies: SAML, OAUTH, JWT Token
- Experience with integration with multiple internal and external systems
- Experience in TDD, DevOps, and Agile processes
- Multiple applications in personal portfolio
Bottle Rocket is a Dallas-based technology consulting company that puts mobile and connected devices at the heart of our solutions for our clients while we “work from wherever” to create things that matter. Our approach to digital transformation leverages a unique Connected Customer mindset. We help our clients rapidly solution through our unique blend of product, design, and technology competencies backed by a strategic focus on business needs and customer expectations.
Our core competencies include:
- Corporate strategy & insights for growth & digital transformation
- Product strategy & management for long-term business impact
- Visual & experience design grounded in customer behavior & insights
- Engineering & technical delivery expertise for digital experiences
- Strategic growth services & modern product stack implementation
- Innovative approaches & solutions to businesses’ most complex challenges
Over the last 12 years, we have created 450 award-winning experiences for clients across multiple industries, such as Caesars Entertainment, Starwood Hotels & Resorts (now Marriott), 7-Eleven, NPR, Baylor Scott & White Health, Robert Half, MoneyGram, Coca-Cola and so many more, that have made an impact on the bottom line and the customers they serve.
Our team is made up of thinkers, makers, and experts. We have built a reputation of a fun culture, industry-leading experience design abilities, high-quality code and delivery, and out-of-this-world strategy and product competencies. From the beginning, continuous innovation has been the foundation of our culture. It’s more than just a buzz word to us. It’s our day-to-day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our motivation.
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here.
We are looking for someone to help keep elevating our scaling company and cherished team.
Bottle Rocket Founder and CEO Calvin Carter announced a permanent “Work from Wherever” future for our Dallas-based company in May 2020. This new way of working offers a more relevant, contextual, productive and personalized way to work for our Rocketeers (what we call our employees), demonstrates the company’s continued commitment to our clients, and further illustrates its our progressive and innovative culture and philosophy.
In addition, our benefits & perks at a high-level include;
- Self-managed vacation (no limit on the number of vacation days you can take in a given year)
- Health, vision & dental benefits
- HSA contribution
- 401(k) matching
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible, transparent, and open environment
- Many fun company-wide events
- Top-of-the-line tools and technology
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
Your application has been successfully submitted.