Remote Communications Manager
We’re looking for a Remote Communications Manager to make sure every individual and team at Zapier has convenient access to the information they need to stay current, make decisions, collaborate with others, and do their job effectively. You’ll design and maintain company-wide norms for our internal communication and collaboration strategy, tools, and processes. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about developing practical solutions to support effective teamwork at a rapidly growing, fully-remote company.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
We encourage you to apply if you’re motivated by building effective engineering teams and are happy to roll up your sleeves and dive into code when needed.
You’re a culture champion. You know how to dig into a company culture, identify key cultural stakeholders, and champion a vision for communication that fits into a cohesive employee experience.
You build trust with employees and leaders. You know how to develop relationships and influence employees from different backgrounds, functions, and levels. They see you as someone working for the good of those around you in a fair and unbiased way.
You know communication technology. You have experience developing communication strategies, tools, and processes. You have experience with Slack, wikis, blogs, and other information technology.
You love owning complex projects. You have experience clarifying project objectives, conducting research, synthesizing the results, and building a systematic solution. You know how to bring others in the company along with your vision.
You excel at writing. You have exceptional written communication skills and have built a wide variety of engaging textual content. You know how to make complex topics seem simple.You get results quickly. You excel in execution, establishing priorities, and meeting swift deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You are organized, adaptable, and self-sufficient in a remote work environment.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Evaluate current internal communications and collaboration processes and identify gaps.
- Build relationships with key communication stakeholders across the company.
- Develop a roadmap for improving our internal communication strategy, tools, and processes. Build support across the organization for your vision.
- Build and maintain consistent systems and processes for how, why, and when teams and departments collaborate.
- Explore potential company intranet or internal communications platforms.
- Moderate and manage the flow of cross-company information to minimize noise and promote organizational consistency.
- Support company and department-wide communication and change management.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
For the past 9 years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America once it is safe to travel again.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Ourcode of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Your application has been successfully submitted.